Hints & Tips
Need a quote?
Receive a free storage quote from Durham Self Store now.Get a quote
Mon to Fri: 09.00AM to 5.00PM
Sat & Sun: 10.00AM to 3.00PM
We offer FREE Advice and Free Estimates on the amount and type of storage you may require.
Call us now on 0191 3783511 or email us on email@example.com and our friendly and knowledgable staff will be happy to discuss your storage requirements with you.
Durham Self Storage are a well established self storage business located within Durham City, close to the M1 motorway and close to Newcastle upon Tyne, Sunderland, Northumberland & Teeside.
Some helpful tips on packaging:
- Use good quality storage boxes (We sell varying sizes of suitable boxes in our packaging store!)
- Fill boxes to capacity, so your goods aren't damaged
- Pack heavy items into smaller boxes for easy transportation
- Remember to label your boxes so you don't lose your goods!
- Write a list of your boxes and stored items, and keep it safe!
- Protect your fragile goods with bubble wrap
- Clean your garden equipment before storing it
- Wrap table legs with bubble wrap before storing them
- Wardrobe boxes allow you to store your clothing on hangers which keeps their shape
- Place heavy or bulky items in the room first to provide a good stacking base
- Plan your storage space - put those items that you need to get too most often near the front, close to the door
- To maximise space stack similar sized boxes together
- Do not place heavy items on sofas or mattresses
- Always place a protective cover over your soft furnishings
- Stack chairs seat to seat with cloth or paper to separate them
- Secure and protect white goods from scratches with shrink wrap during transportation
- Leave refrigerator or freezer doors open for ventilation when storing
- To aid ventilation, avoid stacking or leaning furniture against outside walls
- Cover your goods with dust sheets to protect against dust